Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife flew out last night for Australia to see the new grandson. My doctor told me not to attempt such a long flight (22 hours), so I had to stay home - just too risky for my health condition. In 1991 we took separate vacations because one of us had to stay home and care for our old dog, so I haven't "batched" in 21 years. Guess I'll figure it out as I go. Hope I don't break any (many) dishes while she's gone.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Dick ,you will miss her but also she willl miss you and home. I knowyou will keep busy and timewill fly by sooner,.Don't break to many dishes!! :oops: :oops: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,852 Posts
Dick, knowing what you do, I am sure you will find plenty of things to keep you busy. I wish for safe travels for your wife and I hope her arms don't get too tired :!: :lol:

·
Registered
168 Posts
i tell mine its good you went but its great you came back .
the wife children have gone west .
she gone out more than i have .
but i go to see the new grand babbys when they get hear .

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My wife's plane is just about to land in Adelaide, South Australia, just a few minutes short of 24 hours after her plane left Phoenix. Quantis has a great online tracking system where I can see where the plane is and they have the time down to the minute. I can imagine that she'll be suffering from jet lag for a couple days.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Dick You will be okay,ring and get ready cooked meals,get coffee with them all cardboard will not have to worry about dishes,your wife will be jet lagged,
my son flew from from Christchurch to Edmonton on business he had a busy 3 days there,he was a bit of a mess when he got home,well you will be looking
for her to get home take care Dick

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My wife arrived safely in Adelaide, almost 24 hours after she left Phoenix. Son said that she didn't get any sleep at all on the trip, so hope she's sleeping now.

·
Administrator
3,955 Posts
Glad to hear she made it safely across the pond. I know she'll enjoy her visit. Sorry you weren't able to make it with her.

·
Super Moderator
7,852 Posts
Glad she made it safely Dick. I am sure you are with her in spirit. Hope she brings back lots of pics. :D

·
Registered
308 Posts
Glad she made the trip safely... strange how the body copes, when we came back from Pert last year we flew 5pm arrived Dubai 3am bak in uk 12 noon, I managed to go to work the following day on earlies..... maybe I was still on a high.. Hope the self catering is going ok..and you are keeping up to date with the chores.

·
Super Moderator
7,852 Posts
Dick, did she leave you a "honey-do list"? :?:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts