Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a pic or discription of the proper way to run the rear and front wiring for th 8N? Not hook up but where the proper placement of the wires both front and rear. Know the work light is on rt and tail on left sides but not sure how the original wires were run back to dash. Thanks

G

·
Not 100% sure but if you look at the flange where the back of the tranny and the rear housing meet (upper outside corners), there should be a small through hole of both pieces for wires to run through. Not sure if both come up the same side or if there's a hole in both corners. Was probably some "P" clamps in various places also to keep the wires from hanging.
Wish I could help more but I'm just the camera man :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
petra79 said:
Not 100% sure but if you look at the flange where the back of the tranny and the rear housing meet (upper outside corners), there should be a small through hole of both pieces for wires to run through. Not sure if both come up the same side or if there's a hole in both corners. Was probably some "P" clamps in various places also to keep the wires from hanging.
Thanks Ron but really trying to figure out how it is suppose to run around the fenders and across the axels. Thought sure you would have a few pics in your collection!!!! :( :( :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

G

·
Stephenscity said:
petra79 said:
Thanks Ron but really trying to figure out how it is suppose to run around the fenders and across the axels. Thought sure you would have a few pics in your collection!!!! :( :( :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I looked through the 9N and the 8N but no final pics of that. I think we just used the 'P' clamps under a bolt on both ends of the trumpets, through the flange hole and then another 'P' clamp on the top of the tranny cover.

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
on mine I ziptie them to the brake shafts.. and then up the inside of the fender.. some fenders have pipes for the wire.. like copper pipe or brake line. some you can run thru the ribbing.

very easy to add some brake line tubing..e tc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts