Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wiring an H with a mag. to 12 volt. The wire that runs from the Alt. pin 1 to the Amp. gauge, on a Dist. Ing. runs to a warning light to the switch and then to the amp gauge. I'm thinking if I run it to a warning light to the amp gauge it will stay on after I ground out the mag. I can't run it thru the switch, and if I run it straight to the gauge will that keep battery power to the Alt and cause problems. I don't have a wiring diagram for 12v with a mag so I'm using both12v w/dist. and mag 6v.....mike

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it's a single wire GM alt. I don't think I have done a tractor with a mag before. I have done several Dist. I think I need to run the secondary wire direct to the Amp. gauge but wasn"t sure. Thanks for any help.....mike

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Using a one wire, just run the wire to the gauge, then the battery/starter switch/or where ever you can get it to the battery. I assume you are using the steering shaft starter switch, so run the wire there, on the battery side. Me personally, Id put a normally open oil pressure switch up near the OP gauge and go through that first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts