Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My woodworking friend from Kansas brought us more wood yesterday so we can make more toys for the children's hospital. Joe & Leroy are both Physician's Assistants. They brought a selection of white oak, ash and maple - really good stuff. My friend Michael (in the red shirt) is not recovered sufficiently from bypass surgery to do physical work yet, so he supervised our unloading and stacking the wood to keep the pile orderly. I'm the only guy without a beard - and I'm 10 years older than the other guys.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Nice shots of you and friends,a nice load of timber for you to do your magic,I can see the kids smiling, in time when you have
delivered the wonderful toys.

·
Super Moderator
7,854 Posts
You will produce lots of smiles and happy faces with what you do with the wood. Wonderful act of kindness!

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Looks like you got some good lumber to work with and for a good cause. Thats a good thing you do and for children that deserve it. Its a special person that takes the time to do what you do for others.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Delivered 365 more wood cars to th Cardon Children's Center yesterday afternoon. They were very glad to see us as they were completely out of the wood cars that I gave them on our last delivery. It turns out that the wood cars are the kids favorite pick from the toy room because they appeal to the kids. That makes the nurses job a bit easier to have a patient with a good attitude.

·
Administrator
3,957 Posts
I just noticed you said from KANSAS. That long haul to Arizona. :eek:
I hope you at least put them up for the night. ;)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BigDaveinKY said:
I just noticed you said from KANSAS. That long haul to Arizona. :eek:
I hope you at least put them up for the night. ;)
We have put them up in the past, but this year they went on to Leroy's sister's place on the opposite side of Phoenix. Joe & Leroy are both Physician's Assistants and went on to Las Vegas for the required training to maintain their certification.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts