Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Though she's naked, she done a great job pullin the disc. We laid about 210 lb. of weight on top. Thick sod to cut up.

Then the clean up of the big chunks of sod. Ground is very dry but looks like good soil. Hope to get a good garden going.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Looks good Ron.Is this the new property? Probably should have plow that first cause throwing those big clump away is wasting alot of soil. Maybe pile it up for compost. In the second photo you look like your waiting for the refueling team.
I finishing discing last week with the ford row crop. Probably going to make the furrows with the cub for the Tates sunday cause I'm headed to a farm auction today.
Good luck with the garden, I hope you don't run into as many rocks as I have.

Kirk

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Good work.....get a bigger gas tank would ya?! :lol: Great job :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kirk-NJ said:
Looks good Ron.Is this the new property? Probably should have plow that first cause throwing those big clump away is wasting alot of soil. Maybe pile it up for compost. In the second photo you look like your waiting for the refueling team.
I finishing discing last week with the ford row crop. Probably going to make the furrows with the cub for the Tates sunday cause I'm headed to a farm auction today.
Good luck with the garden, I hope you don't run into as many rocks as I have.

Kirk
Most clumps got shook real good to get most of the dirt out of them then put in a pile out along the trail for compost. The second pic is when the big sod clumps plugged up the disc in the middle and haulted the tractor.
Got rain on the way right now for a couple days.
With gas prices so high I really would rather stay with the small tank :roll: :roll: The tractor is conserving fuel as we are :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
906 Posts
I loop a cow chain from the frame around the axle between all discs that don't have a support. The chain keeps clumps from forming.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bikerdave said:
I loop a cow chain from the frame around the axle between all discs that don't have a support. The chain keeps clumps from forming.
This is all new work for us. Not sure what you mean.. The only place it clumped was in the middle between the two sections. Is that where I'd wrap a chain around the axle???

·
Registered
449 Posts
Looks like you have the back half of a tandem disk. The blades on a single disk were the opposite way and the V of the gangs pushed out, they dig in a lot better. Yes a chain dropped around the axle keeps sod or mud from wrapping around the axle....James

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jwal10 said:
Looks like you have the back half of a tandem disk. The blades on a single disk were the opposite way and the V of the gangs pushed out, they dig in a lot better. Yes a chain dropped around the axle keeps sod or mud from wrapping around the axle....James
We had a lady that asked if we would haul off a bunch of scrap metal for her a couple years ago and this disc was in that pile. Her husband had a Farmall A so we think it was used on that. Thanks for the info on the chain. Will give it a try.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I can see that shed turnin ALL red sooner than later once you feel all that IH power at work buddy ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,868 Posts
Ron I think you will continue to find the C very handy in your new digs :!: ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DerickS said:
I can see that shed turnin ALL red sooner than later once you feel all that IH power at work buddy ;)
Don't think so :cool: If I can't find cults for this one I'll probably let it go.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Yessir, a mighty fine work out for the "C"... but you're missing half the disc, Ron !!! You definitely have the back section. The front sections cut and throw to the outside and have rub blocks in the center and the rear section sits one disc wider and cut and pull back in. Sometimes the rub blocks wear down to just a nubbin in the center then the front two center discs rub together. Those center front discs, cutting and pushing out would cut your chunks of sod that are lodging in the space in the middle of your rear section. If its a mite wet and your disc wants to ball up, chains or just HEAVY wire between your discs, twisted around the frame and axles will keep them from packing up. You done a fine job sir. Show us some more, show us some more !!

·
Registered
362 Posts
You dang TRACTOR HOG!!! :lol: :lol: Didn't see anyone else driving this one or the Ford. :mrgreen:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
JamieJ said:
You dang TRACTOR HOG!!! :lol: :lol: Didn't see anyone else driving this one or the Ford. :mrgreen:
:shock: :shock: Usually Mike (Stephenscity) is yellin at me cause its only Colin he see's working. Guess I can't win here, can I ???????????

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
petra79 said:
JamieJ said:
:shock: :shock: Usually Mike (Stephenscity) is yellin at me cause its only Colin he see's working. Guess I can't win here, can I ???????????
Not true I was real impressed started to ask if Colin was feeling bad was a little worried!!! :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Stephenscity said:
petra79 said:
JamieJ said:
Not true I was real impressed started to ask if Colin was feeling bad was a little worried!!! :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nice save Mike :lol: :lol: :lol: Look for my bush hog post if ya want to see how Colin is doing :cool:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts