Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the grill off and straightened the screen on it. put it back on with the correct head lights. nothing lined up correctly. :eek: Pushing and shoving. Taping with dead bowl hammer, using a punch to get everything to line up. Then when I start the tractor fan locks up because I put a bolt in the wrong place and stopped the fan. :x Of course I couldn't just remove and replace just that one, had to remove or loosen about half of them. :roll: Took about 3 hours just to this. Should have been at the most, an hour project. Course 90 degrees didn't help either

·
Registered
254 Posts
At least when it's 90 degrees no winter gloves to slow things down to make it a 4 hour job. I know there isn't much clearance for the fan at least on the left side but I can't remember what came loose on my CA to cause the fan clatter on it.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
4imnotright said:
Took the grill off and straightened the screen on it. put it back on with the correct head lights. nothing lined up correctly. :eek: Pushing and shoving. Taping with dead bowl hammer, using a punch to get everything to line up. Then when I start the tractor fan locks up because I put a bolt in the wrong place and stopped the fan. :x Of course I couldn't just remove and replace just that one, had to remove or loosen about half of them. :roll: Took about 3 hours just to this. Should have been at the most, an hour project. Course 90 degrees didn't help either
Ahhhhh.....the tribulations of an Allis fan ....(pun intended).... :lol: :lol:

I've got a story on the C pto I'll soon share for a laugh or two, but surely a GROAN on my part.

And just look how good the little fellow looks now Steve. It makes it all worth it in the end.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, at least now I know why they never put all the bolts back in, it just was easier to leave them out. :roll:
Yeah, it does look nicer with the screen straightened and the correct lights on it. Would like to take it to the local Firemen's tractor show Sunday, but truck is in the shop and I don't know if I'll have it back for Sunday. I could drive it there as it's only 6 mile drive one way. Top speed is about 7 MPH, but it would be fun. Biggest problem there is there is a possibility of rain Sunday. Don't really want to drive in the rain :roll:

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
4imnotright said:
reminds me of rebuilding steering box on a ford. box top on that one was square. it bolts down fine 180' out. but when you get the dash on and then try to put the battery box in you realize you got a lil re-aranging to do and then have to pull that all off to get he box top on correctly! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts