Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the serial number is SW62764J....what year is this W6 International please?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bertman said:
http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/2/9/297-mccormick-deering-w-6.html

Dont show that for a serial number????
Might need to find the right number but dont know where its located? Maybe on the left side by the transmission??????????
Hmmmm.....thats on the IH tag on the transmission plate along with the RPM speed numbers :?

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I see what I did! I wrote it as a whole number :shock: The serial is just 2764 and that makes it a 1941 looks like. Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bertman said:
Im going to be jealous if you get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :lol:
LOL....just looking ;)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The owner claims its a "super" because of the "S" at the frongt of the W6 on the tag but it has no hydraulics.....did they all come with hyd????

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Thats actually a 1952 Super W-6 with a Rockford clutch. SW6 is the prefix for a Super W6. Should have disc brakes too. And hydraulics were always an option on all the letter series, but after a while, some optional items became standard.As early as it is for a Super, it probably didnt have hydraulics. I can double that check if you need me to.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
John M said:
Thats actually a 1952 Super W-6 with a Rockford clutch. SW6 is the prefix for a Super W6. Should have disc brakes too. And hydraulics were always an option on all the letter series, but after a while, some optional items became standard.As early as it is for a Super, it probably didnt have hydraulics. I can double that check if you need me to.
I may John....I'm just waiting on a price :D Thanks for the info as always :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts