Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you live in NC and voted yesterday for a state constitutional amendment that defines marriage as a union between one man and one woman according to several media reports. By the media's definition, about 60% of NC's citizens are rednecks. I am glad to know that now whatever I do, my redneck qualifications will based upon how I vote and not how I live my life.

The press is also calling this a battle of the rural folks versus city folks. Rural voters, now waitin' fer somebody to use the word "hick", turned out in high numbers because of the amendment on the ballot. I am growing weary and having increasing difficulty respecting my fellow citizens that constantly attack and insult the very people that feed, clothe, and provide life's necessities for them.

·
Registered
103 Posts
all i can say is that i am very homophobic, and dang proud of it,

i do not care what people do in there bed rooms, but dont throw it up in my face, expecting me to agree with you because they will not like what i have to say

and those who approach me, in my mind are trying to destroy my soul

my life is short my soul is eternal, and i will stand with those who consider it an abomination, not those who consider it okay the obamanation?

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Happy to hear that I'm a redneck!!!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
well I am proud to be a RED NECK on this and by listen to the news this am I see the president & vice president are not red necks.. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The protesters are coming out of closets and their hiding places all around here. With the Edwards Trial just 15 miles away, you can imagine the kinds of stuff we are dealing with. So I'll simply say as a Red Neck, when your detractor is making a fool outta him or herself, let 'em. It opens more eyes to the REAL problem in this nation.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Jim in NC said:
The protesters are coming out of closets and their hiding places all around here. With the Edwards Trial just 15 miles away, you can imagine the kinds of stuff we are dealing with. So I'll simply say as a Red Neck, when your detractor is making a fool outta him or herself, let 'em. It opens more eyes to the REAL problem in this nation.
As a nation we have turn away from GOD and we are paying the price for it..

·
Registered
103 Posts
caseman said:
Jim in NC said:

AMEN !!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Well, I have a good friend, who is one of "them". We have been friends for as long as I can remember! He told me not too long ago his orientation, and I was somewhat shocked, but I got over it! hes a good friend, and thats where it ends with us. Ive met his friend, and I like him. hes a super nice guy. They are very public people, but dont try and force what they feel on others, since as they say, its none of anyone business! They may go crazy on each other at home, but not my home!! I have some in laws, in fact several in laws, who are, well very outspoken about their orientation, heck 3 of them are "married". I must have received several hundred letters and pamphlets from them over the years wanting me to support their way of life. I dont think so!

·
Registered
926 Posts
caseman said:
Jim in NC said:
That is for certain and for sure.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Most of us here on the forum came from the times before being a Red Neck was popular. I am thankful to have been a true Red Neck all of my life. No matter whats done in DC nor what the media pulls, that will never change. Hope the rest of the 50 states will follow North Carolinas lead. Am proud to be amongst ya'll; and to stand against what's not right

·
Registered
270 Posts
My theory is that the arguments about gays, abortion and birth control are just diversions to keep people worked up so they don't stop to think what the politicians are REALLY doing to this country.

·
Registered
906 Posts
If only men married men and women married only women, the Earth population would disappear. If this was right God would have devised another way to reproduce. Think about it!! Wish the fairies in Washington would. Heck I wish they would just THINK :!:

·
Super Moderator
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dick said:
My theory is that the arguments about gays, abortion and birth control are just diversions to keep people worked up so they don't stop to think what the politicians are REALLY doing to this country.
Their goal is NOT to be treated equally under the law. It does that now. They want their special status recognized and have specific rights, laws, and social programs geared towards their lifestyle.

·
Super Moderator
7,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mgood said:
Most of us here on the forum came from the times before being a Red Neck was popular. I am thankful to have been a true Red Neck all of my life. No matter whats done in DC nor what the media pulls, that will never change. Hope the rest of the 50 states will follow North Carolinas lead. Am proud to be amongst ya'll; and to stand against what's not right

Melvin, If my memory is correct, NC is the 32nd state in the union to make such a change in its constitution.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts