Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Cockshutt 30s with Zenith carbs and can't remember the adjustment procedure. These carbs have a screw at the top and a narrow T handle facing forward at the bottom. Can anyone help me out, I tried the Zenith site but it is not very straight forward.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I think the top one is 1 1/4 turns out
the one on the bottom get it running run it in till it starts to die and back it out a half turn

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll try that on a dry day, maybe tomorrow. Everything but one is down for repairs of some sort and the one running needs tuning but I have been so busy I haven't had time to fix anything. Swapped out a carb from one to the other thinking that would make one run decent but it is still real rough, have to check the plugs again. Lived with it running rough to disk and harrow a one acre plot but I am getting sick of running in a lower gear and babying the choke. Normally I can field at least four running tractors so this is a change for me.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, I did read the Zenith pages but I couldn't even find the rough setting for the main jet. The idle jet rough setting was 1 1/4 turns from seat. I seated a friends Zenith and the settings were 1 1/4 and 1 1/2. I just need it to stop raining on a day when I have time. Sunday is looking like a possibility although no hurry now, cultivating is done so I won't need it till a week or two to plant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts